he’s got determined to snub him and move ahead along with her life. And for the track she actually is fundamentally stating the good reasons she’s got done this in addition to delineating the results thereof. As well as in the method, a couple is thrown by her of jabs at males generally speaking.
As an example, the song begins because of the line вЂњwhy are guys great вЂ™til they surely got to be greatвЂќ. This really is meant to be described as a critique especially against guys in energy and usually contrary to the recognized ineptitude of males to effectively manage those seats.
The verse that is first Lizzo dissing some guy whom evidently she just dumped.
Her rationale for doing this is apparently that he had not been severe. As well as in the method, according to her, he destroyed a вЂњbad bi*chвЂќ who was simply willing to assist him be successful.
The 2nd verse illustrates some animosity that existed amongst the two of these. This means, her ex deliberately attempted to harm Lizzo by вЂbreaking her heartвЂ™. But she asserts that she had been never ever emotionally-vested when you look at the place that is first the idea to become that susceptible. Then she insinuates her his вЂњside chickвЂќ, which of course she did not appreciate that he was trying to make. Therefore now Lizzo is reveling within the known proven fact that the homey is вЂњback with (his) bi*chвЂќ and that sheвЂ™s again solitary. Quite simply, she’s maybe perhaps perhaps not perspiring marriage at this aspect.
In reality her interests appear to have currently shifted onto to 1 of her exвЂ™s homeboys.
Chorus and Bridge
Meanwhile the chorus weaves a tale that is brief of evidently wanting to dump her via text, that will be one thing all over again she failed to appreciate. So Lizzo has chose to just forget about him. In reality she now features a вЂњnew manвЂќ that is an associate regarding the вЂњMinnesota VikingsвЂќ вЂ“ a specialist soccer group вЂ“ who she states is вЂњmore excitingвЂќ than her ex. This needless to say will вЂhurtвЂ™ him, but as of this point, she doesnвЂ™t appear to really care.
As a result, the bridge consist of Lizzo essentially mocking her ex https://www.datingmentor.org/escort/albuquerque within the feeling him and has no intention of looking back that she has unexpectedly excommunicated.
As the man this track is dependant on might not have obliterated LizzoвЂ™s heart, it really is apparent her some degree of emotional discomfort that he caused. However now it is quite he that is in discomfort because of learning the вЂњtruthвЂќ, which will be that this woman is confident sufficient in by herself to succeed in life without him. Hence the name for the song вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ!
Information about вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ
- Lizzo penned вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ alongside three other noted songwriters. They truly are: Ricky Reed, Jesse Saint John and Steven Cheung.
- The songвЂ™s co-writer Ricky Reed additionally managed creation associated with the track.
- Lizzo formally released вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ on 19 September 2017.
- Though at first released as an individual maybe perhaps not related to any album, вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ happens to be included with the sound recording regarding the NetflixвЂ™s 2019 romantic comedy movie anyone Great. It’s also played during one of many most-memorable scenes associated with film. In fact вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ and also the movie some body Great are derived from comparable themes of recuperating from heartbreak.
- A viral social-media phenomenon dubbed the DNA Test Challenge, which is based on a line from the track, began dominating the popular TikTok android application over a year and-a-half after the release ofвЂњTruth Hurts. This event made the track much more famous.
вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ won Lizzo a Grammy at the Grammys that is 62nd in вЂњBest Pop Solo EfficiencyвЂќ category. In winning that category, she beat the songs that are following
- Taylor SwiftвЂ™s вЂњYou Want To Calm DownвЂњ
- Billie EilishвЂ™s вЂњBad ManвЂќ
- Ariana GrandeвЂ™s вЂњ7 RingsвЂќ
- BeyoncГ©вЂ™s вЂњSpiritвЂњ